The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that Coca-Cola has developed a strategy to answer anti-soft drink activists who are trying to drive the company’s products out of the nation’s public schools.
- Giving schools more leeway in their choice of beverages, an easy thing for Coke to do since it sells everything from soft drinks to juices and waters.
- Eliminating big upfront payments and signing school districts to long-term contracts, a practice that inflamed critics.
- Vocally addressing the nation’s obesity problem by maintaining that it can’t be blamed solely on soft drinks – and then backing it up with research.
- Funding programs that encourage physical exercise.
- KC's View:
- Works for us. It’s called being responsible and taking responsibility.