Published on: June 25, 2008Wal-Mart has unveiled the new website for its new Marketside format, confirming that it will be opening stores in four Arizona communities – Gilbert, Mesa, Chandler and
Tempe – this fall.
The site is: http://www.Marketside.com
The copy on the site also identifies the niche that Wal-Mart is seeking to fill with the small store format, which is seen as the retailer’s rejoinder to Tesco’s Fresh & Easy stores in California, Arizona and Nevada. The site describes Marketside thus:
• “Marketside provides fresh, innovative answers to the daily question, ‘What's for dinner tonight?’ Our unique product and shopping experience will change the way you shop for — and think about — fresh food, and our prices will keep you coming back.”
• “At Marketside, you'll find a wide selection of complete meal solutions, fresh ingredients, and everyday favorites at affordable prices — all in one easy-to-shop store. With us, you'll never have to compromise quality to get a lower cost. And we're right in your neighborhood!”
• “Our associates are passionate about food — and about delivering top-notch customer service. They're prepared to answer your questions, help you select a delicious meal solution, and fill you in about foods that are grown or produced locally.”
• “Marketside is designed for the quick grocery trip — when you're looking for an inspiring yet easy meal solution, or need to pick up last-minute ingredients, simply swing by your neighborhood Marketside on your way home!”
• “Marketside is a small community grocery store owned by Wal-Mart Stores, Inc…”
- KC's View:
- The battle is joined. It is going to be fun to watch.