retail news in context, analysis with attitude

Carrefour said this morning that it is selling the 60 percent stake that it has in Carrefour Indonesia to its partner there, CT Corp., which has the other 40 percent.

The Wall Street Journal notes that Carrefour is making the move to concentrate on its core European businesses; it recently "has recently exited Singapore, Colombia and Greece, and is reportedly in talks to sell its Malaysian operations."
KC's View: