More details on something we're going to try on Friday, between 5:30 and 6:30 pm EDT - an MNB Virtual Happy Hour.
You can join us on Friday by going to Zoom, and going here. (Don't do it until Friday afternoon!)
One of my favorite things over the years has been to, while traveling around the country, mention here that I'd be in this bar or that restaurant at a specific day and time, and invite MNB readers to come by to join me for a drink. It's always been great fun … and now that I'm pretty much grounded for the duration, I kind of miss.
So, we're going to do it virtually. The folks at GMDC-Retail Tomorrow have agreed to sponsor and host it … Hopefully, you can put it on your calendar … choose a libation for Happy Hour … and then prop up your laptop or warm up your computer on Friday for a conversation and a drink. (I'm probably going to go with great Oregon Pinot Noir … and I'm hoping the weather is good enough to light the fire pit.)
Among the folks scheduled to join us will be Michael Sansolo, Kate McMahon and Tom Furphy - all regular MNB contributors.
• If you have not used ZOOM before, you will be asked to download the app to your phone or computer to join the virtual room.
• Please try entering the virtual room at least 5 minutes ahead of time to ensure that your mobile device or computer is setup properly.
• Do not use two devices at once to enter the room. If you join by computer, please keep your mobile phone at a distance to avoid any feedback.
• When you are not speaking, please mute yourself to avoid unintended background noises that may disrupt the conversation.
• You have the option of joining with your camera turned on, or off. Either way, you can still connect with your audio.
See you Friday! Stay safe. Be healthy.