With brief, occasional, italicized and sometimes gratuitous commentary…
• Bloomberg reports that "Andy Jassy has appointed four executives to senior roles as he continues to put his stamp on the world’s largest e-commerce company.
"The appointments include three long-time executives and one relative newcomer. They are joining 'Steam,' a group of senior leaders who help influence the direction of the company and its investment priorities."
The four promotions are:
- "Steve Boom, vice president of Amazon Music, who has been with Amazon for more than a decade. Boom is a lawyer-turned-technology executive who studied law at Harvard and has worked at several other technology companies, including Yahoo, according to his LinkedIn profile."
- "Candi Castleberry, vice president of global diversity, equity and inclusion who was hired last year following the resignation of her predecessor. She previously held a similar role at Twitter."
- "Udit Madan, vice president of transportation at Amazon, joined the company in 2008 as a software engineer and rose through the ranks, according to his LinkedIn profile."
- "Rob Williams, vice president of devices, has a degree in computer engineering from the University of Waterloo and joined Amazon in 2013, according to his LinkedIn profile."
Bloomberg suggests that "with the promotions, Jassy revealed a commitment to streaming services, logistics and devices."
Which is sort of an interesting observation, since with all the layoffs at Amazon, the conventional wisdom at Amazon has been that "devices" are less of a priority than in the past.