- Wal-Mart de Mexico SA (Walmex) posted October same store sales that were 2.2 percent over last year. Total sales for the month were the equivalent of $798 million (US), up 11.6 percent from October 2001.
- Target Corp.'s October same-store sales rose 1.5 percent. Total sales rose 9.8 percent, to $3.15 billion from $2.87 billion a year earlier.
- BJ's Wholesale Club Inc. reported October same- store sales were off 0.1 percent. Total sales for the month rose 11.4% to $437 million from $392 million last year.
- Dollar General Corporation reported total retail sales for October reached $475.4 million compared with $418.4 million last year, an increase of 13.6 percent. Same-store sales for the October period increased 4.5 percent.
For the third quarter, Dollar General's total retail sales increased 14.4 percent to $1.5 billion from $1.3 billion in the same period a year ago. Same-store sales for the third quarter increased 5.2 percent.
- Family Dollar Stores reported that it had total sales of about $340.0 million for the four weeks ended Nov. 2, up 16.8 percent from $291.2 million during the same period a year earlier.